- Minimum material required compared to similar sized control valves of different types
- Pneumatically actuated valve can be stroked extremely quickly
- Double Eccentric disk design provides tight seal, reduced breakaway torque and wear
- Anti-blowout valve shaft design to increase reliability
- Extended valve neck to allow easy installation in insulated pipelines
- Soft seat rings can be replaced with metal seat rings on site
- Throttling service rangeability is 50:1
14b - High Performance Lugged Style Butterfly Valve
Size: 2" to 20"
ANSI Class: 150 to 300
Std. Materials: Carbon Steel, Stainless Steel
Temperature Range: -76 to 662oF (-60 to 350oC)
The Pfeiffer BR14b double eccentric control butterfly valve is designed for general service applications up to the limits of the ANSI 300 pressure class rating. These general service applications include process events such as erosion, abrasion, and corrosion. The Pfeiffer BR14b design increases flow capacities but also reduces the pressure recovery factor making the design more susceptible to cavitation, flashing, and flow noise generation. The double eccentric design of this butterfly valve will reduce the breakaway torques required from the actuator.
The Pfeiffer BR14b control butterfly valve has standard options such as low and high temperature version. The Pfeiffer BR14a and BR14b can be assembled with a pneumatic, electric, hydraulic, or electro-hydraulic actuator also offered by the SAMSON group to complete the control valve construction. These control valves are designed according to the modular assembly principle, can be equipped with SAMSON GROUP actuators and valve accessories such as positioners, limit switches, and solenoid valves.