- Any mounting position possible .
- Overall height and end connections according to customer specifications .
- Bellows seal to prevent heat conduction in the valve space and the valve stem from freezing up .
- Backup packing .
- Valve body made of cold-resisting stainless steel or aluminum.
- Seat-plug trim can be replaced without disassembling the valve.
Standard Industrial Applications
3248 - Top-Entry Cryogenic Control Valve
Size: 1" to 6"
ANSI Class: 150 to 600
Std. Materials: Cast Stainless Steel (A351 CF8)
Temperature Range: -425 to 149oF (-254 to 65oC)
The Type 3248 top entry threaded seat globe and angle style control valve is designed for cryogenic service applications up to the limits of the ANSI 600 pressure class rating.
The Type 3248 cryogenic valve is specifically designed to meet the requirements of cryogenic applications with the addition of a cryogenic extension bonnet cover plate to allow for installation in vacuum insulated pipelines, and air separation plants as well as standardizing on a metal bellows with a cryogenic length extension bonnet in order to meet emission requirements and minimize heat leaks. The top entry design allows for valve maintenance without removal from pipeline.
The Type 3248 can be assembled with a pneumatic, electric, hydraulic, or electro-hydraulic actuator also offered by the SAMSON group to complete the control valve construction. These control valves are designed according to the modular assembly principle, can be equipped with SAMSON GROUP actuators and valve accessories such as positioners, limit switches, and solenoid valves.