- Positioner comes with premier control performance & diagnostic functionality standard.
- Low steady state air consumption less than 0.06 scfm at all supply pressures
- Unit will attach to both linear and rotary actuators, independent of Fail Safe Action or Moving Direction, and allows for the display to rotate 180.
- One positioner can handle both Control and On/Off applications.
- Explosion proof enclosure allows for local configuration even in the hazardous environment.
3731-3 - Explosion-Proof Electro-Pneumatic Positioner (HART)
Operation: Linear or rotary
Travel/Rotation: 200mm or 100o
Display: Alphanumeric LCD
Features: Auto calibration & tuning.
The Type 3731 electro-pneumatic positioner series are designed to work in industrial applications where explosion proof devices are required. The positioner series includes HART (3731-3) and Foundation Fieldbus (3731-5).
The 3731 Positioners set the standard with their wide variety of features and functions as well as their innovative details. These include safe and fast integral attachment, convenient one-knob operation, automatic start-up and tuning of parameters, and extensive valve diagnostics.
Full function parameterization includes characterizing the reference variable, travel range, characteristic (i.e. linear and equal percentage), and performance characteristics (i.e. PID control coefficients).
Advanced diagnostic functions include status message logging, data logging, histograms (travel setpoint deviation, and cycle counter), drive signals (steady and hysteresis), end position trending, static characteristic testing, partial stroke testing, and full stroke testing.