- Positioner comes with premier control performance & diagnostic functionality standard.
- Low steady state air consumption less than 0.06 scfm at all supply pressures
- Unit will attach to both linear and rotary actuators, independent of Fail Safe Action or Moving Direction, and allows for the display to rotate 180.
- One positioner can handle both Control and On/Off applications.
- Explosion proof enclosure allows for local configuration even in the hazardous environment.
3731-5 - Explosion-Proof Electro-Pneumatic Positioner (FF)
Operation: Linear or rotary
Travel/Rotation: 200mm or 100o
Display: Alphanumeric LCD
Features: Auto calibration & tuning.
The Type 3731 electro-pneumatic positioner series is designed to work with general industrial applications where explosion proof enclosed devices are required.
The positioner series includes HART (3731-3) and Foundation Fieldbus (3731-5) communication version both with full function parameterization and advanced diagnostics. Full function parameterization includes characterizing the reference variable, travel range, characteristic (i.e. linear and equal percentage), and performance characteristics (i.e. PID control coefficients).
Advanced diagnostics includes status message logging, data logging, histograms (travel setpoint deviation, and cycle counter), drive signals (steady and hysteresis), end position trending, static characteristic testing, partial stroke testing, and full stroke testing.