- Combines Rotary Efficiency with Globe Control Excellent Performance
- Maximum flow capacity compared to globe and rotary plug with the straight through flow path
- High rangeability of up to 200:1
- Anti-blowout valve shaft design to increase reliability
- Free flow path when open with less turbulence
- Reduced noise and wear on the internal and guiding parts
- Low emissions spring-loaded, self-adjusting packing comes standard, minimizing maintenance requirements and increasing service life
- Double eccentric plug design eliminates friction when valve is opening/closing reduces wear in internal parts and required breakaway torques
- Double eccentric plug design allows for the more accurate control vs. other rotary valve types
Rotary Plug & Segmented Ball Valves
72.3 - Rotary Plug Control Valve, (Long Pattern)
Size: 1" to 20"
ANSI Class: 150 to 300
Std. Materials: Carbon Steel, Stainless Steel
Temperature Range: -148 to 752oF (-100 to 400oC)
The Vetec 72.3 double eccentric rotary plug control valve is designed for general service applications up to the limits of the ANSI 300 pressure class rating. These general service applications include process events such as erosion, abrasion, corrosion, cavitation, and flashing found in most process control industries. The double eccentric rotary plug design increases flow capacities with only minor reduction in the pressure recovery factor making the design an ideal replacement for linear globe control designs even with cavitation and flashing process conditions present.
The Vetec 72.3 control valve has several standard options such as temperature extensions, heating jacket, special packing designs, noise attenuation and cavitation prevention trim sets, etc. The Vetec 72.3 can be assembled with a pneumatic, electric, hydraulic, or electro-hydraulic actuator also offered by the SAMSON group to complete the control valve construction. These control valves are designed according to the modular assembly principle, can be equipped with SAMSON GROUP actuators and valve accessories such as positioners, limit switches, and solenoid valves.