- Globe Valves Configurations
- Straight Pattern: This is the most commonly used design (standard T-Pattern), providing large pressure drop across the valve.
- Y-Pattern: When lower pressure drop across the valve is required Y-Pattern is recommended.
- Angle (90¬)-Pattern: This design is used when two perpendicular pipes must be connected.
- Cage Guided: In those cases when valve is intended for control or throttling service, cage guided design is required. There are different types of cages and trims designed to provide different valve characteristics and Cv-values.
- Special Globe Valves
- Choke Valves: For API 6A applications choke valves, both positive and adjustable are available. Choke valves are specifically design for service conditions providing different types of beans for positive chokes (including ceramic materials, tungsten carbide and hardened martensitic steels) as well as different configurations of seats, cages and discs for adjustable chokes.
- Stop Check Valves: This design is a combination between globe valve and check valve. When valve is open, the stem is in open position the valve operates like a piston check valve, disc is moved by the fluid-media. However when valve has to be closed the stem goes down against the disc ensuring shutoff of the valve.
- Bellows-Sealed Valves (Zero Stem Leakage): For those applications when emissions to the atmosphere are strictly forbidden, valve is provided with metallic bellows which ensures no leakage through the stem packing to the atmosphere.
- Control Valves: Ringo offers a wide range of control valves for the most severe applications. In those cases when valve is intended for control or throttling service, cage guided design is required. There are different types of cages and trims designed to provide different valve characteristics and Cv-values.
The Ringo Globe Valves are offered in various versions to meet the application specifications. These Ringo Globe Valve versions include straight pattern globe valves, y-pattern globe valves, angle (90o) globe valves, stop check globe valves, positive and adjustable chokes to API 6A standard, and control globe valves. In all cases globe valves can be provided for ON/OFF service as well as for throttling or control applications.
Globe valves are designed to meet requirements of ANSI B16.34, BS-1873, ANSI B16.5, ANSI B16.10 and API 602. For nuclear service ASME III, AD-Mekblatter and RCC-M are available. These control valves can be equipped with SAMSON GROUP actuators, manual operators, and valve accessories.